Games of luck and chance have always held a certain fascination, each with its own degree of prevalence over its player pool.
While poker is the all-time classic, and blackjack is the game of skills that every gambler has tried to master...
...slots have always held an intangible appeal to everyone.
The game of slots first appeared in the land-based form of the Liberty Bell, the first real, functional slot machine that featured bells as symbols on the reels, hence the name.
Further on, many different land-based slots and electronic gambling machines had been developed with the sole purpose of meeting players’ needs.
...it was ultimately with the appearance of the online casino and other gambling platforms that slots managed to live up to their true potential.
In today’s modern and fast-developing iGaming industry...
...slots come in many different formats. Developers have managed to incorporate different elements, both in terms of their design, animation and in-game features and in terms of the many different benefits at the players’ disposal.
Types of Slots Formats
The slot games offered at online casinos nowadays reflect both the old format of the land-based floors and newer ones, as illustrated in the numerous casinos listed on this page.
Leading software providing companies the likes of NetEntand Microgaming have covered all these variants, thus creating a multitude of opportunities for online casino players for entertainment and payouts.
- 3-Reel Classic Slots – These slots originate from the first slot machines created back in the day, and their main feature is that they consist of 3 reels. They remind players of the fruit machines and their payline structure confirms this, as the only payline they provide is the middle line across the three reel grid.
- 5-Reel Video Slots – These slots differ from the previous type in that they consist of a 5-reel slot grid, thus creating an opportunity for a more complex payline structure and thus greater payouts. What is more, 5- reel slots include Wild and Scatter symbols, with the former commonly used to replace regular symbols when found on an active payline and the latter purposed to trigger a specific slot feature. As a result of this, more elaborate structure, video slots provide players with greater payout potential.
- Progressive Jackpot Slots – These slots can feature a variable number of reels on their grid structure, but their main feature is the fact that they are all part of a unique network. This enables the game to create a separate prize pool out of all the bets placed on the slot across all the online casino platforms where it is offered, with a basic starting sum determined beforehand. The jackpot is normally triggered by a specific combination of the symbols on the reels, and once a player hits the prize, the system restarts the prize pool back to the set initial amount.
- i-slots – These slots offer a degree of interaction for the players, as they include multiple bonus rounds. They come with various features that trigger the major payouts of these slot game formats, which, combined with the many entertaining sounds and graphics effects, provides a unique online casino gambling experience.
- 3D Slots – These slots are just like the 5-reel video slots with the added fact that they have a 3D graphic and animation effect. This slot format includes the same special symbols as the video slots, meaning that it, too, provides extra payout potential for the players.
No Deposit Bonus Slots
Other than the slot games format, online slots are also distinguished for the dedicated bonus offers operators provideas part of their promotions section. While this often includes time-limited bonuses, promotions and the well-known welcome bonus, the no deposit bonus offer is a definite success.
No deposit bonuses dedicated to slot games can be offered in two different ways
either as extra spins or as free cash. In order to claim, the interested player first needs to register on the given platform and create a real money player account.
Some online casino platforms may require a specific no deposit bonus code that players are supposed to enter in the designated box in order to claim the offer, while other platforms directly credit the free spins as such into the player’s individual account.
On the other hand
If the no deposit slot bonus is offered as free cash, then the play money is credited as such onto the player account.
...players need to take into consideration the wagering requirements related to the specific no deposit slot bonus.
Such terms and conditions refer to the slot games for which these bonuses are available. The operators normally use these offers in order to introduce the software providers’ latest releases or their most popular instances.
The wagering requirements, on the other hand, refer to the amount of money you need to deposit in order to be able to withdraw the winnings from your free spins or free cash.